- True - The ITES are to be embedded within all areas of the other curriculum
- True - all NC classrooms despite the limitations in available technology (The ITES must be taught in all NC schools – in places where technology is prevalent as well as in schools with limited technology access.)
- ITES will be taught only in computer and technology courses - False
- How many strands are there for the ITES - 5 (elementary) and 4 (middle/high)
- They are:
- informational text
- technology as a tool
- sources of information
- safety and ethical issues
Review Activity B (Commenting on Blog Posts on WikiSpaces and Blogger)
Print this commenting rules flyer for blogging project.
Remember to cite sources on these posts!
Activity 1 (VoiceThread) - ITES & Pedagogy
must sign in to use VoiceThread
create a slide and narrate it (like Power Point or Prezi)
users can then comment on the slides
This would be great to use in an individual lesson in the classroom where I would create slides and narrate them. Then I could ask a question at the end of each slide (opinion and higher-level thinking questions would be great) that the students should respond to at the end of each slide.
Activity 2 (Google Docs) - KWHL
What have I learned?
posted in the KWHL chart:
|I have learned that there are amazing resources available to me that I never knew about! (This is always nice.) I have used them a bit and can now implement them into the curriculum I teach in my classroom! I have (mostly) learned the ITES strands and have a better understanding of how they relate to the CC objectives.|
Activity 3 (WikiSpaces Project) - Planning for Implementation